howto: Extend trial period of Windows 7 PDC installation
If you want continue playing with Windows 7 PDC installation after 30-days trial period ended, you can “rearm” it and use for a bit longer period of time using this simple approach:
- Install Windows 7 without any product activation key.
- After installation is completed, use the Windows 7 for 30 days and wait for the remaining days left to activate Windows counting down to 0, or almost zero.
- When the activation grace period (or evaluation trial period) is almost expired or ended, log on to Windows 7 desktop, and open a Command Prompt window (i.e. type Cmd in Start Search and hit Enter).
- Type any of the following commands into the command prompt, and then hit Enter:sysprep /generalize
- Reboot Windows 7 to enjoy another 30 days of free usage without worrying about activation nor even need to crack Windows 7.
- When the activation grace period countdown timer almost running down to 0 again, repeat the ‘rearm’ trick to enjoy another 30 days of Windows 7 for free. User can run the rearm command for maximum of 3 times.
After this you will require to activate it with proper product key or install other trial version, that probably will be released soon.